I've just bought a new bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carolonabike

:hyper: One of these http://www.cube.eu/en/wls/axial-wls-gtc-pro/

I only went to Infinity Cycles today to collect Arsen Gere's new Focus Chrono :blush:.

We were there at the weekend and there was a woman riding the Cube round the car park. When I got there today it was still there, turned out she needed the next size up. I'm not sure what happened next, one minute I was admiring it in the showroom in an objective sort of way, the next I was cycling around the car park. It was an almost perfect fit right off, a slight adjustment to the angle of the bars and it felt like we were made for each other. It seemed like fate and I think it would have been rude not to :laugh:.

In justification, I only have one bike, I've been thinking about an n+1 for a while and he got a new bike so surely I deserve one too ^_^

stu1903

Über Member
Very nice bike. I have the 2010 Cube Agree GTC Pro and love it.

OP
OP
carolonabike

carolonabike

Cheers, I'm very excited, I haven't actually got it yet. I'm hoping to persuade my boss to pay for it tomorrow (we run our own C2W scheme which I used to get my Trek) then I can pick it up at the weekend. Trouble is, he doesn't know yet, I hadn't actually mentioned it to him... but I'm sure he'll be fine :whistle:.

It's fitted with 105 groupset which I'm more than happy with and as for mudguards... well, I've always had mudguards on all my bikes but perhaps now its time to smarten up. Now I have two bikes I can use my Trek for commuting while this one is definitely going to be kept for fine weekends. CC sticker - on my helmet?

I'm feeling a bit guilty and fickle, I loved my Trek so much but now at a stroke it's been cast aside like an old glove and I've transferred all my affections to my new love ^_^.

OP
OP
carolonabike

carolonabike

So here it is, I've just brought it home. My new love ^_^. I am nowhere near fast enough to warrant riding a bike like this but I don't care. Isn't it
beautiful.

DSCF5062.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF5062.JPG
    DSCF5062.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 10

G-Zero

Über Member
So here it is, I've just brought it home. My new love ^_^. I am nowhere near fast enough to warrant riding a bike like this but I don't care. Isn't it
beautiful.

View attachment 7879

Nice looking bike Carol and Cubes do seem to have that effect !!.... I have always been a Scott fan, until I turned up at Infinity late last year and saw the Cube Crossrace.

I was so taken by them, that I picked my new Agree GTC-SL up from Infinity on Thursday morning, so we may have been close to passing in the car park.

Like yourself, I don't consider myself to be fast enough to warrant such a lovely bike, but at least it gives us something to aim for :becool:

Keep an eye out for another slow speed, newly converted roadie :thumbsup:

GTC SL4.jpg

Bluenite

beautiful.

View attachment 7879

That is one gorgeous bike. :wahhey:
I too am a new Cube owner who still has a fair bit of training to go to justify such a speedy bike (but i'm trying). I still have my Trek hybrid who i shall
never part with, (he's now my shopper and dirty weather bike). But the Cube was just something i had to have.

Happy ridding, i know you will enjoy your new bike.

OP
OP
carolonabike

carolonabike

That's very smart G-Zero. Nev did say they'd had a busy week at Infinity^_^.

The Cubes are lovely looking bikes. I've tried quite a few different makes including a few Scott's but the fit just wasn't right, I was beginning to despair thinking my only option was to get another Trek but I was reluctant to buy another bike almost the same as the one I already had just to get a triple and besides, the spec on the Trek triple was not as good as my compact and it seemed like a backwards step. So I was chuffed to bits to find this. I'm dying to take it for a run out. The weather tomorrow is looking promising...

Top Bottom