I've just got a doctor's appointment!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
It took six weeks for Mrs P to get an appointment Back ache lower abdomen pain Frequency of passing urine Edema of anklesNumerous phone diagnosis from two of the partners who obviously were working from home ( private phone number)Finally I rang and insisted I speak to the senior partner That afternoon he gave her an extensive examination To cut a long story short Tumour in the lower abdomen

Result ct scan .Tumour attached to Ovaries and bladder it’s uncertain at this stage if the tumour is cancerous .Surgery is planned within the next four weeks
Deliberating if to take this further with the senior as the telephone conversations with his two colleagues appeared to look for reasons to avoid a face to face consultation I have a lot of respect for the senior partner it was he who diagnosed that there was a problem with my heart
Good on you for taking action, sad to hear it took so long.
Best wishes to you both.
xxxx

PK99

Legendary Member
There are a lot of things that can be sorted out by telephone whereas previously you would have to make an appointment. My problem is that due to my job, I am not flexible with my time. The doctor will phone you sometime this afternoon is no good for me as I am probably teaching.
My mum has just been treated for breast cancer. She was able to get started with her treatment a bit earlier as the GP referred her straight to hospital on her “I’ve found a lump” say so without needing to examine her. In the past, she would have had to wait a few days to see the GP to confirm that she had indeed found a lump before being referred.

Our practice has agreed timed slots for GP phone appointments or phone back. Some things have been dealt with by text (go for a blood test, report self-measured BP, see the nurse for BP check...)

Julia9054

Guru
Our practice has agreed timed slots for GP phone appointments or phone back. Some things have been dealt with by text (go for a blood test, report self-measured BP, see the nurse for BP check...)
I had my annual asthma check by text with a link to a questionnaire

a.twiddler

Veteran
During the first lockdown when Dentists weren't treating patients face to face I had my check ups cancelled. Later lockdowns weren't stopping appointments but appointments were limited due to clean up time between patients and so a backlog developed.

Earlier this year I realised I could have an NHS checkup, booked in and knowing I had a few issues, arranged to get them seen to in one appointment which came in less than a month. All fine now. This just reminded me of a Daily Mail headline claiming 3 years wait to see a dentist! Maybe this is so in Daily Mail Land but bad news always is more interesting and sells more papers

However, this is no consolation to those who have had bad experiences with the NHS and I hope that Mrs @pawl gets good and effective treatment from now on. Best wishes to you both.

pawl

Legendary Member
During the first lockdown when Dentists weren't treating patients face to face I had my check ups cancelled. Later lockdowns weren't stopping appointments but appointments were limited due to clean up time between patients and so a backlog developed.

Earlier this year I realised I could have an NHS checkup, booked in and knowing I had a few issues, arranged to get them seen to in one appointment which came in less than a month. All fine now. This just reminded me of a Daily Mail headline claiming 3 years wait to see a dentist! Maybe this is so in Daily Mail Land but bad news always is more interesting and sells more papers

However, this is no consolation to those who have had bad experiences with the NHS and I hope that Mrs @pawl gets good and effective treatment from now on. Best wishes to you both.

So far contact with the LGH have been positive and informative Surgery is likely to be quite extensive involving removal of the tumour and ovaries There was a chance that the bladder may have been affected The decision has been made it is more of gynaecology problem than urology

Thank you for your best wishes

Top Bottom