I've just heard a rumble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
0130 - distant rumbles getting louder
0141- one helluva flash and a bang right on top of it- with a dawning realisation that top floor windows are still open- cue mad dash to shut before the rain .

stayed up for 40 minutes watching the lightning . bloomin brilliant

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Looks like we're missing all the fun here. There was a bit of thunder grumbling away in the distance overnight, but the main plume of storms is at least 20 miles to the east according to the rainfall radar.

robjh

Legendary Member
The deluge hit Coventry about 1 am., and has continued in bursts ever since. The latest downpour hit as I was about half a mile from work and I was being battered by hailstones by the time I rode into the carpark. It is still warm and muggy despite the rain.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The deluge hit Coventry about 1 am., and has continued in bursts ever since. The latest downpour hit as I was about half a mile from work and I was being battered by hailstones by the time I rode into the carpark. It is still warm and muggy despite the rain.
Coventry becoming the new Lost City of Atlantis is a hope too far?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Two hours ago there wasn't a cloud in the sky and it was shaping up to be another cracking day. Now we are in the middle of a thunder and lightning storm and I am waiting for the inevitable power cu

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm in Holbrooks and last night the first rains fell about 10pm, I was woken by thunder about 4am, it was raining when I got up at 05:30am but it had stopped by the time I left for work at 07:15am, but started again just after I got to work.

robjh

Legendary Member
I'm in Holbrooks and last night the first rains fell about 10pm, I was woken by thunder about 4am, it was raining when I got up at 05:30am but it had stopped by the time I left for work at 07:15am, but started again just after I got to work.

I was a bit further west near Balsall Common and might have got some of the times wrong, but it was properly in the night - nothing had fallen by 10.30 when I went to bed.

D

Deleted member 1258

I was a bit further west near Balsall Common and might have got some of the times wrong, but it was properly in the night - nothing had fallen by 10.30 when I went to bed.

sounds like it got to us first, then we sent it to you.^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hit us at 5an. Missus wanted to get the washing in. I took one look at the pressure washer powered rain and went back to bed. Just steady rain for the commute, some closed roads and everyone was moaning about trains at work :biggrin:. Piccadilly got hit by lighting :tongue:

Top Bottom