I've seen 3 bad accidents in the last 2 days :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I can't remember the last one I saw prior to this week but to see 3 in 2 days!!!!!!
  • 1st one was as I cycled to a junction near the A580 (East Lancs). 3 cars involved and at least 1 (a Transit) must have been a write-off. Some poor soul was under blankets as the police waited for an ambulance.
  • 2nd was was this morning. Heard the noise and from the back window could see another poor soul being tended to. Ambulance arrived but it took over 1 hour before they could move him so I assume it was serious.
  • Then driving thro' Liverpool today there was yet another person (pedestrian) being tended to by police as they awaited the ambulance....car & driver close by so one can only assume.
It really brings home the fragility of life........someone goes out to work/shops etc. then.......(sorry if this is morbid) but it makes you appreciate your good health.

That's a good reason to follow Steve Jobs motto of "Live every day as if its your last because some day you'll be right".

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You are right Dave we are fragile.

A work collegue was talking to me last Wednesday about what a great golf match he had played at the weekend and how everything had gone right. He had won a couple of bottles of wine and a golf weekend away with his wife. He was so pleased with himself.

Later the same evening he was playing golf with his wife when he collapsed and died of a brain tumour. He was 54.

A great place to go but 30 years to early. A huge shock for everyone because he was as fit as a fiddle.

Live every day to keep your partner happy, is my motto. If Jannie is happy then so am I.

Steve

I used to work in Central London, and travel to work by train. Hordes of people would emerge every day from Cannon Street Railway station like a human tidal wave, and take their chances crossing Cannon Street. Probably two or three times a year someone wouldn't make it, and end up over the bonnet of a car, or worse, under a bus. It was a pretty sobering experience to witness such a thing.

Top Bottom