I've shrunk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I went for a bone scan yesterday. They took my weight and measured my height. What weight and height are you?,asked the nurse doing the scan. Oh about 10.5 stone and 6 foot 1 inch i replied. You're not 6 ft 1" she told me. You're 5 foot 11 and a half inches!:ohmy: My heart sank. Surely it can't be right. I said to her. It's very accurate she replied. As soon as i got home i stood against the door with a book on my head and marked it with a pin. I measured it and saw 5ft 11"!!:eek: I haven't been under 6 foot since i was about 16.
Have any of you shrunk a bit?

Not yet (I don't think), but my mum lost 10-20% of her height by the time she reached 80.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ok, then. You post on CC asking if it had happened to anyone else because - you didn't want support?

OK. Then why did you create this thread?

Edit: "OK" is apparently my word of the day.
Lighten up!:rolleyes: It's supposed to be a light hearted thread. I'm not asking for support.If i was i'd have posted this in https://www.cyclechat.net/forums/personal-matters.172/ I'm having a laugh at myself for getting upset over a couple of inches.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You've just had a hip operation - maybe that affected the length of your leg!
Yes i thought about that. Though the left leg wasn't affected so i don't think it'd make a difference?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Were you measured late afternoon? You shrink a bit during the day as your intervertebral discs compress.
Or maybe you were just leaning on your wonky side?

Top Bottom