I've won $1 million

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just been briefly discussed on radio. They said what we all know ie it costs them nothing to send out 1000s of emails/texts and if just 1% bite they are on a winner.
Despite various problems my brain still functions OK but sadly some other poor souls maybe just losing thier marbles and they are the targets.

It is an age old scam

loads of people got a letter in the post saying they had inherited
etc etc

even in the days of letter post and having to pay for a stamp - it was still worth it
in fact it worked even better because people had to spend some money to reply - which implies a small level of committent right from the start

In fact my Grandad probably got one well before email became a thing

He asked my Dad about a letter he had received.
It was from a firm of solicitors (apparently) in London who were trying to track down the recipients of a very old will that had been lying around unsolved for many years
It was the will of Catherine Parr - last wife of Henry 8th The last "survived" one)
apparently people had been trying to trace her last remaining beneficiaries many times over the years and they were having another go.
and he got the letter because my Grandmother's maiden name was Parr

SO my GranDad was wondering if maybe - just maybe - there might be something in it

although - to be honest - good luck trying to get any money out of him!!!!

but anyway

either it was a scam

or my wife should be calling me "My Lord" rather than what she does call me!!!

Dave7

Legendary Member
It is an age old scam

loads of people got a letter in the post saying they had inherited
etc etc

even in the days of letter post and having to pay for a stamp - it was still worth it
in fact it worked even better because people had to spend some money to reply - which implies a small level of committent right from the start

In fact my Grandad probably got one well before email became a thing

He asked my Dad about a letter he had received.
It was from a firm of solicitors (apparently) in London who were trying to track down the recipients of a very old will that had been lying around unsolved for many years
It was the will of Catherine Parr - last wife of Henry 8th The last "survived" one)
apparently people had been trying to trace her last remaining beneficiaries many times over the years and they were having another go.
and he got the letter because my Grandmother's maiden name was Parr

SO my GranDad was wondering if maybe - just maybe - there might be something in it

although - to be honest - good luck trying to get any money out of him!!!!

but anyway

either it was a scam

or my wife should be calling me "My Lord" rather than what she does call me!!!

"My Lord" sounds very similar to "fat b*stard" if you say it quickly ^_^

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
It's amazing that these email are still doing the rounds for over 20+ years now. Surely no-one is taken in by them any more?

I read a frightening stat on the infamous Nigerian scam. You know the one that needs to 'borrow your account to store' the $25 million someone has inherited...etc. Only 1% of people need fall for it & the scammers clean up.

Yup - great business model because emails are free once you have a computer and internet connection

send 1 million emails for nothing - one victim and, as we have seen on the TV, can net you thousands with a bit of charm and silver tongue

and a total lack of moral compass - of course!

Top Bottom