Jacqueline Wilson - rip off artist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can't slag these modern authors off at all. Even David Walliams, my son really enjoys his books. It's great when they laugh out loud when reading a book. If this promotes reading to kids all the better. Interesting and funny books are essential for young readers.

Wish I had entertaining books when young.

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
It doesn't 'make it sound more legit'; it shows up your original post for the ignorant drivel it is.

Four children and It isn't 'more' legit. It's 100% legit.

All you're really saying is that you don't like her writing. So don't read it. Loads of kids do. I don't personally think much of Harry Potter - I think JK Rowling is, like, say, Jeffrey Archer, a distinctly mediocre writer. But I recognise that she's a cracking storyteller, and has done more to get kids reading than anyone since Enid Blyton.

You can't stand the woman. Well, good for you. At least she writes books millions of kids enjoy. As opposed to, say, shooting her mouth off on a forum on the basis of ignorance-fuelled animosity.

Actually, what I was saying was I keep seeing an advert for her new book Four Children and It, which sounded somewhat like Five Children and It.
I questioned how she got away with that, and was informed of how.
I wasn't shooting my mouth off and there is no ignorance-fuelled animosity, well, not on my part, I can't speak for you.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Actually, what I was saying was I keep seeing an advert for her new book Four Children and It, which sounded somewhat like Five Children and It.
I questioned how she got away with that, and was informed of how.
I wasn't shooting my mouth off and there is no ignorance-fuelled animosity, well, not on my part, I can't speak for you.
No you didn't.
Yes you were.
Yes there is.
No, you can't speak for me.
Next.

Our kid's itching to get her grubby mitts on this one, she gets through a paperback in a few hours.

I was like that, much to our teacher's dismay, we would be reading a book at School and I would get frustrated by the speed, read the entire thing over the weekend ,,, then get bored because I knew what happened.

I read the entire Narnia Chronicles in about ten days.

Still do read at least one book a week

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
You're on trend there, slagging off Enid Blyton.

I checked with our kid this morning and her two faves are Wilson and Blyton, she's come to that conclusion on her own, she just loves to read and hasn't got an angle on who she selects or doesn't.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I was like that, much to our teacher's dismay, we would be reading a book at School and I would get frustrated by the speed, read the entire thing over the weekend ,,, then get bored because I knew what happened.

I read the entire Narnia Chronicles in about ten days.

Still do read at least one book a week
I would do the same sort of things as a child ... I hated reading a chapter at a time. So I would read the whole thing and then doze in those lessons until someone poked me as it was my turn to read aloud. I don't read now because I still can't do the putting the book down bit - so I end up ignoring other things like feeding the family etc. I intend to take it up again when I retire.

Top Bottom