Jaguar end ICE car production

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
What will happen to Ye Olde Petrole Station when ICE goes the way of horse and carriage?

They'll all become motoring themed coffee shops.

Drago

Legendary Member
The Ingenium engine was much vaunted when released...

Only by Jaguar. The motoring media found it relatively coarse and not especially economical. Not a bad unit per se, but distinctly average doesn't cut it when it costs premium money.

It took too long to bring to market, by which time the rivals were pretty much an engine generation ahead of them. They've updated the unit in detail multiple times to try and keep the opposition in sight, and not having to waste time and effort on it any more will probably be a blessed relief.

presta

Guru
My BiL is a senior man at Jag, a lifelong career sort. Suffice to say when it came to spending his own 💰 he bought a BMW.
I used to know a couple of bods who worked for Ford at Dunton. Apparently, if you spend your dosh on anything other than a Ford you can wave goodbye to your job prospects.
They'll all become motoring themed coffee shops.
And ICE owners will be back to buying cans of petrol from the chemist.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Not sure how true this is but I have seen the same on other sources so must be some truth in it .

Such a shame that such an iconic company who have made such fantastic engines .

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/jaguar-ends-ice-model-production/#:~:text=Jaguar Ends ICE Model Production Before its Electric Car Replacements Are Ready,-Tara Hurlin&text=Jaguar is seemingly sprinting full,back in February of 2021.

I'm going to play the traditionalist, and say that Jaguar lost its way when they went from 6s and V12s to American-favoured V8s.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
EV charging stations. Apparently already happened somewhere, BP had it in an advert about how they're changing for the sake of the planet! :laugh:

Don't believe that energy filling stations (petrol, pre EV, charging, EV) will be anything like the same. Your local filling station will close down or become just a forecourt with chargers where you park your car, go home, and then pick it up again later. The only place we will see EV charging stations will be places like motorway services or similar.

Drago

Legendary Member
Don't believe that energy filling stations (petrol, pre EV, charging, EV) will be anything like the same. Your local filling station will close down or become just a forecourt with chargers where you park your car, go home, and then pick it up again later. The only place we will see EV charging stations will be places like motorway services or similar.

But where will we buy three day out-of-date warm sausage rolls from?

Top Bottom