Jam or marmalade on your toast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Globalti said:
Thick cut marmalade spread thickly on a layer of Président butter on COLD granary toast. Nothing nicer.

I'm a big fan of Lurpak, me!

OP
OP
G

Greedo

rich p said:
What's life on the edge like, mate:biggrin:

I thought you made a good point re sh*gging that Glenister bloke but they didn't take the bait!

It's crazy this life is. Just the big picture mate. Post loads of innocent stuff for a while and then Shaun and them take their eye off the ball, then Whamm!! another Greedo special thread for the offended bus people to get their knickers in a twist about :girl::laugh:

Oh and no they never took the bait. :smile:

D

Deleted member 1258

Jam or marmalade will do, I'm not fussed, always with a knife. I also like Tuna, Pilchards, or sometimes scrambled eggs.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Globalti said:
Thick cut marmalade spread thickly on a layer of Président butter on COLD granary toast. Nothing nicer.

Ohhhh yes!
Frank Coopers Oxford Marmalade, or Baxters English Breakfast Marmalade.
Heaven, just heaven...

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Marmalade (Frank Coopers thick cut) Mon-Fri; strawberry jam (Bonne Maman - only the French can make strawberry jam) at weekends. Don't ask me why, I have no idea. But t'has been thus for as long as I can remember. Knife, of course. What would you want with a spoon?

toekneep

Lemon curd, with a knife. Lurpak if available but normally boring old Olive oil based spread. Oh and wholemeal bread of course.

I'll tackle the jam/marmalade if I'm breakfasting at a hotel or B&B. But at home, some sort of savoury veggie paté - some of it supermarket, some of it home-made if I'm lucky. Sometimes I make it, sometimes Mrs P. does. At the moment I have on the go a tub of tasty aubergine and tahini paté, home-made, to keep me provided for the next few days.

Whether these things keep the sugar intake down, not sure...:wacko:

Oh and 'spoon or knife' depends on where I am, prevailing etiquette and what is provided. Knife at home.

Top Bottom