Jamis Xenith Comp [2012] - 61cm

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by bornagainst, 15 Jul 2012.

1. bornagainst

bornagainst Senior Member

After having a Cube Peloton for a couple of years, picked up this new bike yesterday (think Evans are the only people who sell these in the UK? - Can't fault the service in Liverpool - me and the sales bloke spent quite a bit of time discussing options and then on the turbo trainer adjusting stuff).

61cm frame and fits me (6ft 5 and a bit) great, with seat post near max etc

Looks lovely in the flesh where you can see the carbon weave.

2e2kv1j.jpg

wisdom likes this.
  2. Nearly there

Nearly there Über Member

Nice really like it :thumbsup:

3. yello

yello Legendary Member

Must admit, I do like Jamis and I was pleased when a UK seller picked them up.

I hope you enjoy your new ride bornagainst :smile: .

4. 2old2care

2old2care Über Member

Lovely frame looks ripe for upgrading^_^

5. pawl

pawl Veteran

How come all the pics of bikes taken in doors the bar tape matches either the furniture or the wallpaper .

6. wisdom

wisdom Veteran

Very nice looking bike.:bicycle:

7. OP
    OP
    bornagainst

bornagainst Senior Member

Just as an update... Still a lovely bike and a few thoughts after 6 months (about 100m per week on this bike)

The white bar tape is now brown / mud / black and looks pretty disgusting.

I took the wheels off this bike and put them on my winter bike (cube peloton) and put Mavic Aksiums on this. Just a slightly nicer set of wheels, and also gave a chance to remove the Vittoria Zaffiro? tyres, which were fast but cut up pretty quickly with something a bit more sturdy - Michelin Pro4 Endurance.

I replaced the cassette, a 12-25 with 12-28. That 34x28 lowest gear does make a difference over 34x25 when the roads get really steep.

And finally, despite the 300mm seat post being at maximum, after a couple of months it just didn't feel quite right somehow, so rather than over extend it, I picked up an almost identical 400mm post and this gave the extra 5-10mm I was really looking for.

It's had 1 service from my LBS after something I couldn't quite pin down was clicking - only slightly. Possibly the bottom bracket, but he tightened / fixed and it's been fine since.

Good solid bike, and well worth the money despite the extra few quid spent on my optional changes..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice