Jamis?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

I bought a Jamis steel geared roadster in the summer and I like it so much I am looking to get a Beatnik ss. Would be running it freewheel as i just don't trust myself on fixed!

Anyway does anyone have any experience or thoughts on Jamis ss bikes? I won't be buying for a month or so therefore it does depend on availability and your opinions!

Budget: 300 notes.

Ta

Stu

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
I like to wear jammies to bed. They make me feel all snuggly. A snuggly bike might put me off my game though. On that basis, I'm out.

I bought a Jamis steel geared roadster in the summer and I like it so much I am looking to get a Beatnik ss. Would be running it freewheel as i just don't trust myself on fixed!

Anyway does anyone have any experience or thoughts on Jamis ss bikes? I won't be buying for a month or so therefore it does depend on availability and your opinions!

Budget: 300 notes.

Ta

Stu
As I am having a hard look at all the fixed bikes around just now, here are my thoughts on the Jamis. Most of the kit is standard for a ss/fixed, no real surprises there, the weight is about what you would expect.
The heart of a single speed bike though is the frame and this one like many others is quoted as "high tensile steel" rather than chromoly which is lighter and livelier as opposed to high tensile which has a bit of a "dead" feel. For this reason I would not recommend it, much better to splash out on a good frame and upgrade the components when you can.
With your budget I would definitely consider the Revolution Track with a Reynolds 525 frame. You can make it lighter with upgrades as and when. Hope that is of some help.

Top Bottom