Jan de Reus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dbeattie

Über Member
Here's a 1980ish Jan de Reus 10 speed. My Dutch pal brought it over with him when he fell in love with a Scottish girl and married her. He gave me the bike in a rusty condition and I got it re - painted and put some new wheels and other bits on it. He's got it back now and is reliving his youth on the roads of central Scotland. Not finished in this pic. I rode it around for a while and it's splendid!
20161020_120221-1.jpg

alicat

Legendary Member
Lovely!

OP
OP
dbeattie

dbeattie

Über Member
[QUOTE 4627664, member: 259"]Looks biggish, what size is he? I like the fact that Jan de Reus means John the Giant![/QUOTE]
It's 23 1/2 " seat tube cc, or whatever that is in cm. I'm 6'2" and it felt good for me. The Dutch man is about 1" shorter than me, and it's right for him.
He grew up in a village called Zwannenburg just outside Amsterdam. Jan de Reus was a bike racer in the 50s (I think). He then had his bike shop in the village and had some of his custom built frames being ridden by French and Italian teams. The bike in the picture is from when his son had the shop - not one of the top of the range custom built jobs but an off the peg racer of the day. I believe the shop is still there and is run by Jan de Reus who is the son of Jan de Reus (the son of Jan de Reus)

Top Bottom