Jar Lids - supplier thereof

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One of the downsides of making and eating preserves is that the jar lids get mullered.

I always seal jams, marmalades and chutneys when the contents are still radioactively hot. Good because the vacuum you end up with as the jar cools keeps the contents in good nick for ages, but bad, because the jars are a pain to open. I might get a second use out of a lid, but once you've had a couple of goes at them with a jar opener, they're no longer airtight and therefore only good for the recycling bin.

Ergo, I have a whole storage bin of jars sans lids.

Does anyone know of a good and reasonably cheap supplier of 68mm (and other sizes, but this is where my need is at the moment) jam jar lids? I know Amazon do loads, but are there any others?

I don't want to faff around with packs of 6 or 12. Would be quite happy to buy several dozen, up to half a gross.

classic33

Leg End Member

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Ten dozen might be a bit much, but I'll have a closer look over the weekend. :okay:

I've looked on Amazon, but they're a bit spendy, as is my local hardware & cookware place. A friend who works in the food industry can source me as many jar lids as I need, as long as I buy them by the hundred thousand. :whistle:

Top Bottom