Jason Lowndes RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hoopdriver

Guru
It is truly alarming the number of highly experienced cyclists who nevertheless end up becoming road statistics...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It is truly alarming the number of highly experienced cyclists who nevertheless end up becoming road statistics...
Well, it usually isn't the cyclist's fault so that isn't surprising. In fact, since pro riders spend so much time training on open roads it exposes them to more risk than those of us who just do a little riding here and there.

It is a sad loss of another rider.

At least this time the driver involved had the decency to stop at the scene, not that it will be much of a comfort to Jason's family and friends.

hoopdriver

Guru
Well, it usually isn't the cyclist's fault so that isn't surprising. In fact, since pro riders spend so much time training on open roads it exposes them to more risk than those of us who just do a little riding here and there.

It is a sad loss of another rider.

At least this time the driver involved had the decency to stop at the scene, not that it will be much of a comfort to Jason's family and friends.
I realise it is not usually the cyclists’ fault, but the number of them who meet this fate is certainly enough to give pause to those of us tourers and non racers who also put in high mileage. I consider myself experienced and careful and these stories serve as thought proving reminders of just how precarious and random life (and death) on the roads can be.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I realise it is not usually the cyclists’ fault, but the number of them who meet this fate is certainly enough to give pause to those of us tourers and non racers who also put in high mileage. I consider myself experienced and careful and these stories serve as thought proving reminders of just how precarious and random life (and death) on the roads can be.
I must admit that my mind also drifts onto that subject from time to time, but I try not to think about it too much or it would put me off riding.

Tin Pot

Guru

If only it would make drivers think.

Top Bottom