Jason MacIntyre-Cyclist-FAI-continues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brahan

Über Member
All his hard work, determination, sacrifice and pain wasted by a to55er in a vehicle who didn't drive properly for a few seconds.

I hope his wife can get some of the answers she deserves.

Globalti

Legendary Member
We are obliged to wear a high-viz vest when we walk down to the factory. I have asked if this will enable us to step out in front of a lorry and not get killed but nobody seems to have tried it yet. I would imagine that they also turn bullets to water.

:tongue::angry::angry::angry::angry:

The comments by that sheriff really make me angry.

Mmm. Let's see now. Do we remember my incident with the oil tanker (still waiting on word of what is to happen).

It was a clear slightly cold day, not dissimilar to the one in question. It was bright with the sun coming from behind the tanker driver. I on the other hand had a very bright yellow high-viz jacket on, two very bright front lights on (one at about 200 lumen, one at about a medium setting so probably 100 lumen).

Did the driver see me? I thought he had, but by his driving, the fact he didn't stop or even change direction, makes you believe he didn't see me. Why? Was it because my hi-viz wasn't high-viz enough!?!? Was it because my bright lights were not bright enough? Or....and this is crazy I know....is it perhaps because the idiot driver was not driving with due care and attention, was he in fact driving dangerously!?!?

So, back to this particular incident. To blame the victim in this situation, suggests that sometimes, in perfect conditions, cyclists are just a wee bit hard to see and so if you happen to knock one down, it wasn't your fault....:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Top Bottom