JE James: Taking the Michael

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

so - their stock control system is poor - keep your hair on!

They're a good bike shop in so many other respects. I'd rather they had stuff that inspires me when I go in there, and good stuff that i may not otheriwse have thought of and a wildly inaccurate stock control, than a poor selection of poor stuff but an uber accurate stock control system that is completely reliable.

for god's sake, some people want the moon on a stick!

jiggerypokery

Über Member
I'm the customer - course that's what I want! Especially when your website tells me you have the rare and hard to find esoteric moon on a stick, why tell me you have it, let me order it and then leave it ages to tell me that you never had it in the first place.

bonj2

jiggerypokery said:
I'm the customer - course that's what I want! Especially when your website tells me you have the rare and hard to find esoteric moon on a stick, why tell me you have it, let me order it and then leave it ages to tell me that you never had it in the first place.

"I want I want I want! I'm the customer!! stamp stamp... want want want!!! I'm the customer and I want want want!!!! waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!"
Just GO THERE
Their primary business ISN'T as an online store, they're a physical shop ffs

Chris James

Über Member
bonj said:
Just GO THERE
Their primary business ISN'T as an online store, they're a physical shop ffs

It might be a bit inconvenient for Jiggerypokery to go to the shop if he lives in Birmingham.

Since they have a website they obviously have pretensions to being an online retailer. And if they show stock levels they should be accurate. If they make a mistake they should inform the customer, it isn't that difficult.

I haven't used them myself but I know how frustrating it is when you order something and then get total radio silence, leaving you wondering when, or even if, you are ever going to get your stuff.

bonj2

Chris James said:
It might be a bit inconvenient for Jiggerypokery to go to the shop if he lives in Birmingham.

Since they have a website they obviously have pretensions to being an online retailer. And if they show stock levels they should be accurate. If they make a mistake they should inform the customer, it isn't that difficult.

I haven't used them myself but I know how frustrating it is when you order something and then get total radio silence, leaving you wondering when, or even if, you are ever going to get your stuff.

yeah but if you know that their website isn't to be trusted they're actually a really good shop.
Contrary to fossyant's claims that it's smart, I think it's a fairly shite website. It looks exactly like it's been knocked up from one of the standard templates on dreamweaver or such like and hasn't been customised much at all, or more likely they've paid $49.99 for an cheapo e-commerce app from some 'warez' site, scraped the product details from their supplier or whatever, and just bunged it on the net without bothering to do much to it at all.

It's just that IT's not their strongpoint, that's all.

It's worth remembering that they've got lots of stuff in the shop that isn't on the website.

The website's as much for checking the opening times and the phone number as anything else. A lot of people would say they only have bike products on there because it would be a bit silly if they didn't. It really is a very rudimentary website.

Regarding birmingham, i wouldn't recommend living there, it's actually a fairly shoot town.

AdamBlade

To be fair, I've never had a problem with JE James. I went in beggining of Jan looking for a commuting bike and was well advised on what would be reasonable in my price bracket. I was able to try out the bikes, etc. and the after care has been good.

I've called in before for pedal bolts as Halfords and Decathlon didn't have them in and was given them free. What more can you ask for?

I'd have to agree with Bonj and say the website is not the best and is certainly secondary to the store itself.

bonj said:
Regarding birmingham, i wouldn't recommend living there, it's actually a fairly shoot town.
Oi do you mind I come from there and it was alright when I left (43 years ago:biggrin:).

Top Bottom