JE James?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes I have done a search.

Pondering buying something from them for a build but have it in the back of my head that they may be a bit, er, "problematical" to deal with.

Any views/experiences?

steven1988

Veteran
No problems but never dealt with them online, only in there shops which are all local to me, i am literally slap bang in the middle of all 3 shops.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
No problems but never dealt with them online, only in there shops which are all local to me, i am literally slap bang in the middle of all 3 shops.
I had an online order for a bike that arrived scratched and they were fine to deal with, offering me lots of different options to resolve it. I would order from them again.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Thanks folks, seem fine then.

Seem to have decent priced chains as well which will help me hit the free postage level.

Roll on the new year and my build on the smooth ride £21 frame.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I bought a Kona Cinder Cone from them in.....

1994. They were sound.

Management and processes may have changed since then mind.

winjim

Smash the cistern
They're fine but if you're after a bike shop in the Sheffield area I have a better recommendation...

OnTheRopes

Regular
I used to work in Chesterfield and still do fom time to time and used to buy stuff from them, I bought a bike from them around 2011 and had a few customisations done at extra cost to myself such as changing a derrailleur and chainset. All was fine until I had the bike stolen and asked for a quote for a similar customisation for another bike. They wanted to charge me £10 for a quote!
I have not bought anything from them since, nor will I ever do again.

Jody

Stubborn git

Beighton?

I'm the same as Steven. Only ever dealt with them in store and they have been as good/bad as any of the other shops.

Top Bottom