Jean Genie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm getting fed up. When I'm slobving it about the house I wear joggers for the comfort (over stockings and suspenders, natch) but when I venture forth I done a pair of jeans to try and avoid looking too chavvy. Accy would still recoil in horror, but at least small children would not be traumatised.

Anyway, I seem to have a problem where jeans quickly fail at the groun, the top bit on the inside where the legs meet. It just wears though and I end up with something that resembles a tear.

Cheap jeans from Tesco or expensive jeans from Next all go the same way, and I'm lucky to wear a pair for 6 weeks (and half of that time theyll be in the wash or ironing pile) before they blow out.

So why is this happening? Does anyone else suffer? What it the cure?

Tenkaykev

Guru
I'm getting fed up. When I'm slobving it about the house I wear joggers for the comfort (over stockings and suspenders, natch) but when I venture forth I done a pair of jeans to try and avoid looking too chavvy. Accy would still recoil in horror, but at least small children would not be traumatised.

Anyway, I seem to have a problem where jeans quickly fail at the groun, the top bit on the inside where the legs meet. It just wears though and I end up with something that resembles a tear.

Cheap jeans from Tesco or expensive jeans from Next all go the same way, and I'm lucky to wear a pair for 6 weeks (and half of that time theyll be in the wash or ironing pile) before they blow out.

I think from reading your posts that you keep extremely fit and do a fair bit of strength training? If so perhaps your thighs are better developed than most people, and the material on the inner thigh is chafing away.
What to do? Either take up running or wear Speedos when out and about in town 😉

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Clearly you need a pair made in the ‘Victor Silvester’ style, in other words more ‘Ballroom’.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

I prefer the term "meaty yet shapely" to fat.

You've got track sprinter thighs and thats the problem, I stopped wearing jeans years ago, I couldn't find a pair that fitted over my thighs. ^_^

Patch them! I still wear a pair of Levi jeans I bought in the late 70's. Granted there are a lot of patches and they are the clothing equivalent of Trigger's broom but the waistband and pockets are still going strong.
there is I believe I japanese art of patching, where the patches, usually in contrasting colours, are considered to add to the appearance/merit of the garment. You need to be good at sewing though - have a good sewing machine.

edit - apparently it's called Sashiko

The idea is that the mending is anything but invisible.

I seem to remember seeing a wall display on assorted gubbins treated to this technique in a london gallery recently but can't remember where. Very impressive it was.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Q9YJR0ntw

lots of other stuff online and on youtube

Last edited:

cookiemonster

Legendary Member

A kilt?

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
You've got track sprinter thighs and thats the problem, I stopped wearing jeans years ago, I couldn't find a pair that fitted over my thighs. ^_^

Joking aside, I actually have the same issue.

Thighs too big for jeans of my size so I have to go for a size up, which means it's too loose at the waist.:laugh:

Top Bottom