jejamescycles.co.uk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Doesn't happen very often that I e-mail to complain to an on-line supplier.

By way of a review here is what sent them recently:

"I have to say I am extremely disappointed in your service.
  • Your email says you have tried to call me today... no calls received (or missed) on either landline or mobile numbers that I supplied to you at time of order.
  • You say the item is out of stock and unavailable ... and yet when I just checked on your website it is still showing as in stock.
  • My order with you was placed 1 November - and you only "find out" it's not available on 4 November. I placed orders with other online retailers late p.m. on 2 November. Both of them despatched 3 November (even though one had a query which necessitated them contacting me during that day) Both arrived today 4 November.
  • I called you to discuss on the number given in your e-mail, and having navigated your automated switchboard I was placed in a never-ending queue waiting to speak to an adviser.
I'm sorry to say it will take some persuading before I attempt to purchase goods from JE James again"

Two days later - they havn't had the courtesy to acknowledge my e-mail, and the item is STILL showing as stock on the website. In frustration I have ordered it again...and I shall continue to re-order it as long for as it appears on the web site, or until they have the courtesy to respond properly.

Update - April 2010. They never did respond with other than regular automated e-mail to say the item was out of stock and no more expected.
No plans to ever order from them again.

giant man

heard about problems with their web site before, stock wise.

Shady

Rutland Cycling were very similar for me - ordered a number of items markes as 'In Stock' to then receive an email two days later to say that not one, or two or even three but all 4 items that I had ordered were not in stock ??!!!!

So I ring them to find out why they had them marked in stock when they obviously weren't to be told that pretty much all of their stuff is ordered in when requested !!! I was advised that the stuff should be delivered in about 5 days and would then be sent out to me !!!

I quickly respond with the phrase 'Please cancel my order.'

Avoid....

Shady

AlanW

Guru
My own experiences with them are pretty much the the same, but with a slight twist.

At the start of the year they were selling Assos overshoes cheaper than most. So before I ordered on line, I rang them and checked the stock. No problem I was told, will be sent today if the order is placed straight away.

Needless to say the order was done straight away.

One week later, and quite a few e-mails later with no response, I rang them and was told that despite the system saying that they had stock, when they looked the cupboard was bare!

However, a few days later they did finally arrive. Now here is the twist, the next day another pair arrived, but I had only paid for the one pair. :biggrin:

So of course I did the honourable thing and sent them a mail stating that they had sent me two pairs by mistake, never got a reply to that mail either, ha ha.... there loss. :smile:

So sometimes bad service is good. :sad:

Chrisc

Guru
Have to say I've found them helpful, easy to contact with quick response to my email of yesterday and when I reserved my bike by phone it was off stock on the website within minutes. Maybe things have picked up.

redjedi

Über Member
I've always had good service from SJS.

I placed an order last week which I made a mistake on. I had left 2 items in the basket from months before and had not needed.
Went through the checkout without noticing until I got the order confirmation. I called to tell them what happened and to cancel the 2 unwanted items. I was asked to email them my requested which I did.
The following day got an email confirming the items had been removed and my card refunded. The rest of my order was delivered the following day.

Usually use them to get the hard to find spare parts that no-one seems to stock i.e new mount and belt clip for my Blackburn Mars 3 light.

Top Bottom