I am sure there was a feature on him during last years TDF on ITV4 and I remember thinking what a top bloke.
A German with one hell of a sense of humour. He was on about the horrific accident on that descent the previous year when he was airlifted unconcious off the mountain.
He made light of a horrendous situation when he was on about the doctors working on one injury and then they started on another one at the same time. He just seemed such a fantastic person.
Jens Voigt crashed spectacularly during the 2009 Tour de France. The resulting impact created a mound of earth that is visible to this day. It is called "Col du Tourmalet"
I love his attitude. "I have very little chance of winning a stage, but if I don't take part I have no chance of winning a stage. So. I take part and maybe...."
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.