Jenson back in town...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyh

Veteran
can hear an almighty racket coming from the town center...

what's it all about? well that Jenson Button is home and doing a publicity stunt down at the Cheese and Grain.

and I quote...
"
Button, nicknamed the "Frome Flyer" will be presented with the Freedom of the Town by mayor Damon Hooton. A bridge will also be named after Jenson.
Festivities kick off on 4 May in front of the Cheese and Grain building in the Cattle Market car park at 1pm.
He said it was a "great feeling" to be recognised by your home town and honoured in such a way.
"I still have a lot of friends in Frome and the surrounding area so am always getting updates about what's going on and being passed messages of support which means a lot to me," he said.
"With anything in life it's very important to remember where you're from.
"I've been lucky enough to embark on a career in an international sport which has allowed me to visit some incredible places around the world but I'm a Frome boy through and through and that will never change and will always be something I am very proud of." "

so do I wander down and see what the fuss is about, or shall I sit out in the garden and clean the bike after the weekends IoW?

ChrisKH

Guru
Clean the bike.

ASC1951

Guru
johnnyh said:
"With anything in life it's very important to remember where you're from."
..said the millionaire tax exile, on a brief visit from his home in Monaco.

I hope you decided to clean the bike.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
There is only one Jensen worth seeing

car122-lg.jpg

simonali

Guru
threebikesmcginty said:
Should've gone by bike, natch! :biggrin:

My only lock is hanging in the bike shed at work and I don't want to go there on my day off.

Annoying bit is I forgot to go again today and now my CD is late back! ;)

Renard

mr_cellophane said:
There is only one Jensen worth seeing

David 'Kid' Jensen? :laugh:

darkstar

What do people have against Jensen Button? He's a genuinely nice bloke who has been successful.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Nothing I'm sure he's a top bloke and all, I was just saying, as it sounds like it wouldn't have been my kind of thing, that's all.

And this being someone who comes from Dumbarton, where Jackie Stuart lived many many moons ago.

ASC1951

Guru
darkstar said:
What do people have against Jensen Button? He's a genuinely nice bloke who has been successful.
I'm sure he is, thanks to talent and a lot of hard work. I just wouldn't waste an hour watching him at some corporate shindig.

And some - Mr Charisma Hakkinen, for instance - I would cross the road to avoid.

OP
OP
johnnyh

johnnyh

Veteran
wasnt a corporate shindig, he was being presented with the freedom of the town and also went and spent time at the schools he used to go to.

seems a nice enough lad.

Top Bottom