Jeremy Vine Jeremy discusses making cycle helmets compulsory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Old news - Jeremy has missed the boat. Chris Boardman brought it back on line last night

Night Train

Maker of Things
It always concerns me that those who ought to know better, and are better advised, never see the lack of correlation between the cause of incidents, the injuries and the protective equipment.

It is a bit like saying oven gloves protect your hands from being burnt when cooking therefore people in war zones should wear oven gloves because there will be fires burning.:rolleyes:

A helmet will never protect anyone from being crushed by a large vehicle. Nor will it make people suddenly use the roads more intelligently and safely.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the thing with Jeremy vine is that he really detests cycling and does this stuff to piss people off. Don't go for it.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Sometimes I am really tempted to ask, on something like Question Time, if the panel felt that 'With the existence of gun crime in our city centres it would be appropriate to tackle it by enforcing bullet proof vest use on the general public instead of enforcing the law against illegal gun use?'.

That is sort of the same thing as enforcing helmet use on cyclists when other people use the roads illegally and without a care for others, or their own, safety IMO.

Care to explain what he really meant by saying helmets should be compulsory in the correct context?
wiggo.png

DRHysted

Guru
the thing with Jeremy vine is that he really detests cycling and does this stuff to piss people off. Don't go for it.

He was a regular topic on the 4x4 forums, for all his anti-offroad rants, and biased broadcasting. Personally I listened to one of his rants, decided he was a person who would never let facts get in the way of opinion, and never tuned in again.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
BW himself was clearly incapable of explaining what he meant, so it would be an impossible task for anyone else to explain..
I know I know... I just thought I'd missed some real 'context' when some bloke gets his podium mixed up for a soap box and suggests it shouldn't be our choice to wear a helmet or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom