Jeremy Vine today....could be good

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Discussing
A)smart meters....good or bad for you & me.
B) The driver in the Carragher case. Should he be prosecuted.
I often switch that prog' off as it degenerates into a shouting/slagging match. But........
I hope for more insight re smart meters.
And please......this is not a "knock Jeremy Vine" thread (although I fear some will grasp the opportunity) :whistle:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Carragher should be investigated for assault

The driver should receive a fine and 6 points.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
TBH neither topic got anywhere inasmuch as I got no nearer to knowing if smart meters are good or bad.
Re Carragher.....it was really just opinion from various phone calls.
He owes me 2 hours of my life :wacko:

Thought you were expecting a lot. He's deliberately provocative in his trailers to drum up interest/outrage - "Breast feeding mothers, should they be euthanised on the spot?" but the resulting 'debate' is usually polarised nonsense and immediately forgettable.

If he ain't on Planet Rock, he ain't gorna be heard.

Absolutely, would rather listen to Wyatt's witterings than Jeremy Whine :okay:

Smart meters were a good idea until some dingbat decided they should be tied to a supplier and go dumb if you changed. There's a new version that's a little more flexible and question marks about update ability.

But there you are. Great idea effed up by commercial rivalry from day one.

Glad I can't hear the show I'd have been chucking stuff at the radio.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Carragher was wrong to spit, but the fan was typical of the ignorant snowflakes who make up a large minority of today's football supporters. They think they can shout all the abuse they want at players then get terribly upset when one of them has had enough and gives some back. I felt the same about the yob who got a boot plant from Cantona a couple of decades ago, he got what he deserved.

Tin Pot

Guru
[QUOTE 5181398, member: 43827"]We've got a smart meter. It's great, it tells me when I put the oven on that I'm using more electricity. Without it I might be tempted to leave the oven on all the time.[/QUOTE]

I am being harassed daily by ScottishPower to let them put one in.

I figure that if people aren’t screaming about how wonderful they are, they can’t be worthwhile.

If they think a smart meter is going to tell my wife to turn anything off, ever, they’ve got another thing coming.

Plus they’ll use it to monitor you’re activity and sell the information to their own subsidiaries for evil purposes.

classic33

Leg End Member
Smart meters were a good idea until some dingbat decided they should be tied to a supplier and go dumb if you changed. There's a new version that's a little more flexible and question marks about update ability.

But there you are. Great idea effed up by commercial rivalry from day one.

Glad I can't hear the show I'd have been chucking stuff at the radio.
There's always the podcast!

Top Bottom