Jerusalem artichokes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GlamorganGuy

I received a bag of these fellas in a vegetable box delivery before Christmas. Just trying to work out what to do with them. Have had one raw this lunchtime and found its taste nutty and refreshing with a nice crunchy texture but maybe they'd be even better cooked? Boiled perhaps? Anyone have any suggestions?

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Anyone have any suggestions?

Open the windows!!

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Puré with some truffle oil
Gently boil in milk and stock, drain, start mashing and add sufficient boiling liquid for your preferred consistency
If no truffle oil available, I recommend Savora mustard, it goes just as well with chokes

OP
OP
GlamorganGuy

GlamorganGuy

You mean you can't smell it..... ummmm!

Have you had a test?
Ha ha, yes that was my first thought but I'm able to smell everything else thanks!

OP
OP
GlamorganGuy

GlamorganGuy

Puré with some truffle oil
Gently boil in milk and stock, drain, start mashing and add sufficient boiling liquid for your preferred consistency
If no truffle oil available, I recommend Savora mustard, it goes just as well with chokes
sounds flippin' awesome, if a bit ambitious for my skill level

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I received a bag of these fellas in a vegetable box delivery before Christmas. Just trying to work out what to do with them. Have had one raw this lunchtime and found its taste nutty and refreshing with a nice crunchy texture but maybe they'd be even better cooked? Boiled perhaps? Anyone have any suggestions?
Cook like potatoes after peeling. If they are the smooth ones they are obviously easier to peel. Do not overcook. Nice delicate taste but some people have a tendency to fart copiously if you eat too many.

OP
OP
GlamorganGuy

GlamorganGuy

Cook like potatoes after peeling. If they are the smooth ones they are obviously easier to peel. Do not overcook. Nice delicate taste but some people have a tendency to fart copiously if you eat too many.
Yes and as the afternoon goes on I'm discovering I'm one of those people.

Top Bottom