Jewellery Repair - Gold Bracelet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fastpedaller

Wife's engagement ring.... stone fell out (fortunately she caught it) and the 'little fingers' (sorry I don't know the correct term) that hold the stone in place had worn to nearly nothing - hence the loose stone. I took it to 3 jewellers and asked for quotes. The most expensive one said 'come back in 1/2 hour and we'll give a price', on my return lady gave the price and had the ring in a small paper envelope.... very crafty, trying to 'close the deal' she said it will be ready in a couple of weeks. I said thanks, but I wasn't expecting it to be so pricey and departed with it (from memory c£320?). Second place was about 280, third place was a more 'old-fashioned' establishment, with limited opening hours and telephone before leaving home. No problem, I turned up - he said they have an external contact who they pass all the work to, gave price £158 IIRC, and about 10 days later I collected it. A first-class repair which certainly stood up to the 'magnifier test' ... I'm also so short-sighted that I can read hallmarks without my glasses on (certainly not with them on) :laugh:

Top Bottom