Jigsaws

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My dear departed mother was a Jigsaw demon. She was mad for them. Every night she would be at the table putting them together.. She even had a special 'roll up' mat for them.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rigid Raider said:
Grandma always brings one for Christmas and we do it on the dining room table. Even though her choice of subject is usually a bit saccharine we enjoy it; it brings us together in a way that usually only happens when we are eating and there's always a pleasant relaxed atmosphere. Bit of a bastard though when you're searching for that corner of a flowerpot and eventually it turns up stuck to the nipper's sock.

Yeah, it can be fun doing one with people. Mind you I even quite like doing them alone, if I can find the table space - I like sorting things, so I go at it very methodically - edges, sky bits, buildings, etc.... And when you've been looking at a bit for an hour trying to work out what it is, and someone else glances at it and says "oh, it's that woman's foot...."

I read once that the Royal Family have a big one at Sandringham each year, just set up and left for days, everyone doing a bit when they fancy, and the Queen always gets to put the last bit in!

Top Bottom