Job Advert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,

Can we get some advice? We are looking to recruit an experienced cycle mechanic to head up our workshop at a new Cycle Café that we are opening in Birmingham. Can I get recommendations on the best sites to recruit mechanics?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

S-Express

Hi,

Can we get some advice? We are looking to recruit an experienced cycle mechanic to head up our workshop at a new Cycle Café that we are opening in Birmingham. Can I get recommendations on the best sites to recruit mechanics?

Thanks

http://www.bikebiz.com/jobs

Last edited by a moderator:

lpretro1

You've got to start somewhere! You need to advertise a job to get any candidates and you'll need to whittle them down - so highly likely you'll have to do a paper exercise at some point. Also try Assoc of Cycle Traders website. If u don't want to do that then stick a poster in your shop window!

OP
OP
Gorillacoffee

Gorillacoffee

Regular
You've got to start somewhere! You need to advertise a job to get any candidates and you'll need to whittle them down - so highly likely you'll have to do a paper exercise at some point. Also try Assoc of Cycle Traders website. If u don't want to do that then stick a poster in your shop window!

Many thanks for the recommendation!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I would say recruit someone on the basis of meeting them face to face and testing their knowledge and practicality first hand.
Sorry, I'm not a fan of gathering cv's and choosing the best applicant "on paper"
Rant over!!

I agree with this.

You may be the best qualified bike mechanic on paper. But in reality be a real miserable sod.

You need a decent mechanic who understands the importance of customer service. Customer service is a dying skill. But it sounds like your set up needs it.

Top Bottom