Jobs in cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
I've been trying to think about what to do once I graduate, and BoaB's thread about LBSs spurred me to type this. I'm not the sort of person who wants to sit behind a desk for my whole career so I thought "why not look for a job that I will enjoy and be active?"

It is unlikely that I could find much in this country which would use my degrees - languages (French, Italian, Spanish) and international business, but you never know.

My initial thoughts are to do with cycling infrastructure, 2012, a major manufacturer, or even work for Campag improving importing to the UK! Working in Europe isn't a problem either. Any suggestions?

Incidentally, I found this video on youtube - wouldn't say no to a company ride every lunchtime!

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
can you work with Bianchi please and get them to produce cheaper kit. Thanks.

Keith Oates

Janner
Will1985 said:
My initial thoughts are to do with cycling infrastructure, 2012, a major manufacturer, or even work for Campag improving importing to the UK! Working in Europe isn't a problem either. Any suggestions?
Forget Campag;)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cchapman

Only the obvious. You've already got 50% of the requirements, an interest and I hope a belief in cycling. From then on give 110% and be prepared to ignore the tangible rewards
until one day you wake up and say "I think I'll retire".
You'd have to b a complete pill to fail.

You want a job on that bike so the lady can stroke your cycling apparel, don't you Will? :tongue:
Have you investigated Brussels and the EU for any transport / infrastructure jobs that might be on offer? Once in, you could then award discretionary grants for rock guitarist bike shop owners within the community - thereby benefitting everyone's culture and health.
I think it is excellent that you have the language tools at your disposal, and you would indeed be "a complete pill" if nothing interesting 'came your way'.
Keep us posted on your thoughts...:biggrin:

www.eusubsidiesforhumanpoweredvehiclesbywill.eu

Willow

run your own cycle travel company with languages like that should be a major advantage and there's a big list of interested customers!

grhm

Veteran
I'd second Willows suggestion of helping (or running) a cycle travel company. Prehaps see if you can wangle getting work with an established company during your holidays - perhaps even an unpaid position - as the experience will help when you graduate and want to start your own.

N.B. I've no idea if travel companies would take you on - some are small family affairs and like that their guide has local knowledge. Just thinking out loud.

LLB

Move to Majorca

Top Bottom