Joe Strummer...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

netman

Veteran
No, I don't think it's wrong...

e63f36612710ca033ef4d14e76e215b0--joe-strummer-happy-birthday.jpg

RIP Joe...

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
This bloke died nearly 38 years ago and I still "miss" him even though I never met him and was only 11 when he died
View attachment 388108
As a heterosexual man, Bon Scott sends me all a quiver. He is just pure sexual energy, lock up your daughters when he was in town.

And Joe Strummer went to my school, of course he wasn’t called Joe Strummer at the time and left about 20 years before me. But being a very minor public school he was not the sort of alumni they wanted so was completely wiped from history. You would have expected a music recital room named after him at the very least. Imagine if you had a Prime Minister as a former pupil, they would be singing that from the roof tops to every potential new parent. But Joe never got a mention.

Dave7

Legendary Member
...died 15 years ago today, aged 50.

I don’t really do heroes, but if I did he’d be up there.

Is it wrong for a midddle aged man to mourn the death of someone he never met?
My daughter and family go to Strummer camp every year. S.I.L has sung there with his group.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I modeled myself on Joe Strummer when I was a teenager and I'm still paying the price for it today. I still listen to the occasional Clash album though.

There used to be a Joe Strummer remembrance night in Brighton every January. I don't know if it's on this year.

Top Bottom