Jogle off :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
sparkyman

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
24 Hurs to go.... can't wait (having some nightmares about Scottish Hills (mountains in my dreams) but still can't wait.

BIke weighs more then i'd thought, sure i kept kit down to under 10kg but feels heavier been riding it fully loaded for last teo weeks to get used to bulk, not an issue on the flat but hard work up the few hills that i have ridden (not many in Blackpool)

Sp4rkym4n

dudi

Good luck! and enjoy the final preparation.

OP
OP
sparkyman

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
Back home (bit early knee gave out Just b4 Penrith)

Loved the most of the trip except the rain (i was soaked ten days out of eleven)

Learned some hard lessons about kit and never to underestimate what a scottish hill is like (they are freeking mountains) but that said people were great, countryside beyond anything i could imagine and the ride unforgetable.

Covered 915 miles in 11 days camped for 3 (then dumped camping gear and stayed in B&B's) hated the A9 loved the west & north coasts.

Sp4rkym4n

wyno70

915 miles in 11 days is very good going all loaded up. You may as well have just done the JOGLE.

Just got back from mine and it was 920 miles in 8 days, however, almost no load at all (credit card touring stylee) and you'll be most upset to hear that I had less than 2 hours rain on the whole trip!!!!

OP
OP
sparkyman

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
It was anoying but stopping but was for the best.

The trip was more about seeing Scotland as i had never been there before.
My next tour will be a little less ambitious and i shall take with me the lessons learned from this one.

Travel light....

Sp4rkym4n

Top Bottom