JOGLE starting July 12th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon_o

so a couple of friends & i have committed to the start date
we'll be heading up from london/birmingham on the friday afternoon (trying to skip out early from work) aiming to get cycling either saturday afternoon or sunday morning.
Not many other decisions made at this stage but we'll be unsupported, thinking of 100miles a day so about 10 days - maybe even add a detour on to hit the magic 1,000miles

the big debate is now how to get there, i've read many other posts on this forum. has anyone tried booking the sleeper train in the middle of july? i fear the 3 available bike places could disappear in an instant. there's also appears to be no planes flying into wick on that saturday so another option out.

interested in anyones thoughts, particularly if you did it a similar time last year, or if you'll be on the road at the same time..

theloafer

Legendary Member
one way van hire :thumbsup: simples we do this getting home from Scotland

robgul

Legendary Member
Have a look at www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk for loads of resources.

From Brum you can get to Inverness fairly easily by train - and from there to Wick - you just have to be quick with bookings (it's often simpler to go to the station and get them to sort it and issue tickets there and then). ... but there are other suggestions on the website.

Oh - and you'll be lucky to find a van hire company that'll do a one way hire to Wick or Thurso which are the back of beyond .. an estate car may be a possibility to hire

Rob (E2E webmaster)

OP
OP
S

simon_o

cheers @robgul i've already spent a fair bit of time perusing your site, very useful - thanks for your efforts

the latest crazy plan being mooted is to buy a car on it's last legs, coax it up the 700 miles or so & sell it for scrap at the other end

theloafer

Legendary Member
One-way van hire
If you only need your van for a one-way journey, we'll help you take a load off your mind. With vans in 150 Europcar branches across the UK, you can collect from one place and return it to another that's convenient for you.
Whether you're moving from London to Manchester or just need to get your new flat-pack furniture home, we can make things easier. Our one way drop-off charge starts from only £60 (or as little as £20 in central London).

europecar will do it ^_^ BIRMINGHAM AIRPORT to WICK AIRPORT, just looked on there site calander will not go past march :sad: no harm giving them a call:thumbsup: we have used them a few times but getting back from scotland

Top Bottom