Johan Bruyneel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
is now being linked with Astana, this after saying he wanted to leave the DS side of the sport at the top. If it happens will it be a good thing for him and Astana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
If it happens will it be a good thing for him and Astana!

Somehow I can't share your enthusiasm.

I thought he was going to retire? After the Basso debacle, I can't see that going to Astana will help put any of the doubts about him to rest.

Tetedelacourse

Why would anyone with that track record want to be associated with Astana?

Why would Astana hire someone who openly signed an OP rider?

So my answer is no and no.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Can someone fill me in? What are the doubts about him?

I think we would have to say there are no allegations against him what so ever. I hope I speak for everyone here when I say we all recognise him as the manager of the most successful long tour team in recent history who has guided the most tested athlete in the world to levels of achievement that will not be bettered for years to come.

I am also prepared to believe unequivocally that riders like Heras, Tyler Hamilton and Floyd Landis probably left his care as they felt his squeaky clean ethics frustrated their ambitions and they only became 'cheats' once they were ensconced in their new teams and certainly didn't just continue their usual practices, but without sufficient highly skilled back up to remain undetected.

I'm also prepared to believe that Johan Bruyneel went against the agreement between all the pro teams after Operation Puerto to not employ any of the suspects, because he wanted to show Basso the error of his ways and that he could still be a winner using nothing more than Power Bars. And I certainly think this crusading missionary zeal is what might have motivated him to perhaps join Astana, as they are probably the bunch that seem to have strayed the furthest from the path of true righteousness.

I also believe the earth is flat.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
I'll try that and let you know:biggrin:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack

Tim Bennet. said:
I think we would have to say there are no allegations against him what so ever. I hope I speak for everyone here when I say we all recognise him as the manager of the most successful long tour team in recent history who has guided the most tested athlete in the world to levels of achievement that will not be bettered for years to come.

I am also prepared to believe unequivocally that riders like Heras, Tyler Hamilton and Floyd Landis probably left his care as they felt his squeaky clean ethics frustrated their ambitions and they only became 'cheats' once they were ensconced in their new teams and certainly didn't just continue their usual practices, but without sufficient highly skilled back up to remain undetected.

I'm also prepared to believe that Johan Bruyneel went against the agreement between all the pro teams after Operation Puerto to not employ any of the suspects, because he wanted to show Basso the error of his ways and that he could still be a winner using nothing more than Power Bars. And I certainly think this crusading missionary zeal is what might have motivated him to perhaps join Astana, as they are probably the bunch that seem to have strayed the furthest from the path of true righteousness.

I also believe the earth is flat.

Thanks a lot for that. :biggrin: I understand. :ohmy:

Top Bottom