John 26 Northumberland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beatmeoutame

Hi

I just signed up after recently buying a raleigh racing bike and getting into cycling again. I lived in Copenhagen for 2 years and rode my bike every day. Have just recently moved back to the northeast and bought a nice second hand bike so will be using the forum for tips and to find local groups etc currently dont have any buddies as interested in cycling as myself ;)

thanks for reading

bauldbairn

Hello John and Welcome to the CC forums. :biggrin:

I'm sure there are plenty of club cyclists in your area - there are a few members on here from Northumberland. ;)

Good luck with the cycling.

OP
OP
beatmeoutame

beatmeoutame

Thanks to all the people who said HI :biggrin:
I've been out a few times on the bike, its great. Did a 17.5 mile bike ride to Morpeth from Ashington and back via bothal bank

Mark_Robson

Hi John, welcome to the site. :biggrin:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
beatmeoutame said:
Thanks to all the people who said HI :sad:
I've been out a few times on the bike, its great. Did a 17.5 mile bike ride to Morpeth from Ashington and back via bothal bank

Hi John,

You've got some lovely countryside nearby for riding in. I've been to Longhirst a couple of times - I'll have to try Bothal soon.

Anne

OP
OP
beatmeoutame

beatmeoutame

annedonnelly said:
Hi John,

You've got some lovely countryside nearby for riding in. I've been to Longhirst a couple of times - I'll have to try Bothal soon.

Anne

Yea there is some nice countryside and coast line ;) Bothal has a really steep bank good for going down fast but hard coming back! and the new road to morpeth has nice new cycle paths

joe1942

Hi

I just signed up after recently buying a raleigh racing bike and getting into cycling again. I lived in Copenhagen for 2 years and rode my bike every day. Have just recently moved back to the northeast and bought a nice second hand bike so will be using the forum for tips and to find local groups etc currently dont have any buddies as interested in cycling as myself ;)

thanks for reading

joe1942

Hi John just catching up with the forum been away for 3 weeks notice your ride to Morpeth from Ashington, are you living in the Ashington area, this is my kneck of the woods and cycle about 3 days a week usually 20/30 miles, give me a reply if you are interested, all quiet road stuff or cycle tracks

OP
OP
beatmeoutame

beatmeoutame

Hi John just catching up with the forum been away for 3 weeks notice your ride to Morpeth from Ashington, are you living in the Ashington area, this is my kneck of the woods and cycle about 3 days a week usually 20/30 miles, give me a reply if you are interested, all quiet road stuff or cycle tracks

hello Joe,

Ive been quite busy aswell so havnt been on my bike too often. Im interested in finding routes to cycle round here though, with decent smooth road.

Have you tried cycling down Alexandra Road yet? It is fun now thats its smooth and especially going from the hyrst castle pub down.

Top Bottom