John Bishop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Terry Kay

Just watched the documentary.. Honestly, there aren't many times I've been brought close to tears! And this marks the most I've ever donated to charity lol..
Anyone get which model of Roubaix he was riding? And loved the clipless moment..

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Prolly something to do with some "Relief" programme, Sport or Comic Relief? But, yes, it might have been an idea to explain the story rather than assume everyone knew about it,

Well, if you didn't insist on living in that cave.... ^_^

Seriously, I watch little TV these days, and even I knew of it.

or indeed gave a f***

No no, hold on, what he has done is very commendable, and I doubt most people on here would ever do it, despite how amazing some of the people on here think they are.

A bit like David Walliams swimming the English Channel, or James Cracknal and Ben Fogle rowing the Atlantic, it deserves a LOT of respect, regardless of whether or not they are celebs.:rolleyes:

In short, I'd love to see you doing better.

Doseone

Guru
Thought what John Bishop did was amazing. Got a lot of respect for him for doing that and most importantly he raised a lot of money that will hopefully improve lives.

I think there is something wrong with the world though when the provision of clean water in Sierra Leone relies on a Liverpudlian comedian doing a charitable act.

asterix

Comrade Member
Brilliant effort from Mr Bishop. Those hills as you near the French Channel coast would have been tough after that distance (or any distance!). The pictures from Sierra Leone showed exactly why he was doing it.

(

Prolly something to do with some "Relief" programme, Sport or Comic Relief? But, yes, it might have been an idea to explain the story rather than assume everyone knew about it, or indeed gave a f***

Lighten up Noodley! )

dandare

I thought it was pretty amazing but do think that the problems he suffered were the results of the bike ride. He didn't appear to be fully prepared for the length of that to be completed in one day. The knock on affect of arriving late and only having one hours sleep made life all the more difficult for him.
To be honest I don't live in a cave but was not aware of this until I read the Radio Times this week. I don't listen to radio 1 or 2 so didn't even know who that Chris Moyles chap was.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
It was an incredible feat. Each stage, in fact, was an incredible feat in itself!

I too was surprised he didn't leave Paris until 9:00am, I would've thought that 5:00 would've given him a better chance!
Fascinating viewing though, and I loved his comment when that rather rotund women ran through them shouting something out :biggrin:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The ride section did seem poorly organised, he only met his team of five support riders at the half way point and it was already dark by then. He should have ridden behind those 5 riders from the start. They would have kept him out of the rain and wind. You could hear them telling him to change gear and keep his cadence up, but he was already knackered by then.

He was a zombie by the time he got on that boat.

potsy

Rambler
Although I'd followed his progress via the radio and other outlets it was great to watch the documentary and really get a sense of the pain and suffering he went through.
Great stuff from the scouser, still not a fan of his stand-up though :tongue:
Radio 1 even had him back in yesterday to run a mile on a treadmill, as if he's not done enough already :biggrin:

Top Bottom