John Lennon would be 80 on Friday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I didn't think a .38 pistol was natural now do I put a smiley here on such a serious subject when it was an obvious spelling error, mmmmm
If we're splitting hairs, technically it was a .38 revolver. ;)

Drago

Legendary Member
Is there a difference once your dead?
If you're a pedantic gun owner like me, or a defence solicitor, then there is quite a difference! Pistols have a breech integral with the barrel or barrel assembly, revolvers do not.

As for lennon himself, that was probably the least of his worries, although if he were a pedant like I am he would have lain there arguing the toss.

Drago

Legendary Member
Lung cancer kicked it all off, butnit was the spread to the brain that did for poor old George.

McCartney died in 1966 and was replaced by an imposter.

Starkey's career died in 1970.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I like these "if Phil Lynott / Elvis / John Lennon was still alive, he would have been XX years old today" thoughts. Of course if Bob had a fanny, he'd be my auntie.

Mind you, did you know that Moses would be 3431 years old if he was alive today? Fair play to the lad, that's a hell of an age! ^_^

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I like these "if Phil Lynott / Elvis / John Lennon was still alive, he would have been XX years old today" thoughts. Of course if Bob had a fanny, he'd be my auntie.

Mind you, did you know that Moses would be 3431 years old if he was alive today? Fair play to the lad, that's a hell of an age! ^_^
Not the same. It was a massive shock when Lennon was shot dead. I remember when Sid Vicious killed himself, and when Elvis died, but they weren't murdered. Whether they were any good or not, we knew more about The Beatles as people than any other group of musicians.

Top Bottom