johnny depp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris James

Über Member
freakhatz said:
That's not a lot of money for someone as rich as him.

Maybe, maybe not. But it is still £1 million more than the hospital had before.

I like Johnny Dep generally and Tim Burton especially. Ed Wood was brilliant fun and Sleepy Hollow great too.

Dave5N

Über Member
Abitrary said:
Not until you admit you hate johnny depp because you are a soulful sentient being

I like Johnny Depp (or rather Johnny Depp's acting and public personality - don't know him personally, y'all understand) because I am a soulful sentient human being.

Now get some sleep.

Bigtallfatbloke

I thought his performances as Jack Sparrow were bloody excellent..especially for an American. He was also good in Finding neverland.

Depp is up himself - but dont you have to be to be an actor?

I think you have to be a girl/gay to like him so all hetro men will miss the point completely.

Credit to him for bagging Vanessa Paradis!

Tom was OK in that one where he was a Navy Lawyer, and Johny was OK in Edward Scissorhands but it was good a gift to whoever played it.

Nicholas Lyndhurst has played the same plonker in about 6 different roles for 20 years and is useless in all of them so he gets my nomination.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Not madly keen myself. He looks like a girl, so I don't fancy him. Can't think of much he's been in that I liked, but anyone who does the whole hospital donating/reading thing can't be that bad, in my book.

Tom Cruise will always be fine because of Top Gun.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cathryn said:
Tom Cruise will always be fine because of Top Gun.

I can't quite get over the Scientology thing ( and the too many teeth thing too). I must admit that I find it all too easy to dislike Americans ( a prejudice that I'm not all that proud of)

I like Kevin Spacey FWIW

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I know what you mean about the Scientology..it puts a girl off. I can deal with the teeth.

I struggle with Americans in groups but independently, they're always the nicest people!! Maybe a bit like the Brits... loud, drunken and chavvy en masse; polite, helpful and funny independently..or is that just me?

ChrisKH

Guru
rich p said:
I can't quite get over the Scientology thing ( and the too many teeth thing too). I must admit that I find it all too easy to dislike Americans ( a prejudice that I'm not all that proud of)

I like Kevin Spacey FWIW

Agreed. Not the dislike of Americans (I work for a US company) but Kevin Spacey.

ChrisKH

Guru
Whilst I have plenty of positive things to say about the US and Americans in general, my own experience of them as work colleagues and whilst travelling has found many of them to be ultra-conservative, too competitive and extreme in nature. I could give examples, but it was the context of a situation not necessarily the details that I found unnerving.

Small example was a drinks party I went to celebrate a merger of two firms. I got speaking to two of the local finance guys who were discussing child discipline, one of whom had grown up children the other who had three young ones. They both advocated washing out their chidren's mouths with soap if they cursed or swore. I told them that would be borderline assault here in Europe and they couldn't believe it.

On a more recent trip to a central US state, I was walking down one of the main streets to witness a bus and several cars de-camping onto the sidewalk with banners and posters. They were anti-abortionists, which is fine, however the posters were seven-eight feet high and four five feet wide with actual blown up colour photos of aborted foetus's next to the surgeons tools (to equate size I suppose). They were absolutely horrific but these people thought nothing of bringing their families including very young children on this demonstration. It just didn't seem right.

Top Bottom