Join me & Calum for a cold, sunny 33 miler in the morning? (Hebden Bridge)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is perhaps to cold in Hebden for rain :snowball: so a plus point for keeping a dry backside.

I agree with Totally Fixed - less beer and more action is the answer!

I find going to spinning class once a week helps enormously you know with fitness, endurance, cadence etc... It has worked for me no end.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've decided that a very obvious strategy beer-wise is to not drink 2 nights in a row. If I also reduce the amount per night when I do have a drink, then that would immediately take my consumption down to (say) 1/3 of what it has been recently.

One beer is never going to do it for me I'm afraid! I'd rather keep a completely clear head and not have any, or if it is a beer night, just relax and have a few. If I cut down to twice a week and fewer beers on those evenings, then I'd be at about 1/5 of my previous intake and I think I could be content with that, so that is what I'll try and do.

If I make one of those beer nights a few hours after a longish ride, I'd probably be too tired to drink much anyway. One night mid-week as well probably wouldn't hurt.

Once I am cycling more, I'll feel more relaxed in the evenings anyway and won't need beer to calm me down. I just find it hard to motivate myself to go out alone in the winter. Still, no excuses - I have that gym bike, so I can always give myself a good thrashing on that!

Anyway - I just had a couple of fruit juices last night and feel better for having had a night off. I'm resting my legs today because they are stiff from the climbs yesterday. I'll try and get a ride in at the weekend and, hopefully, another with Calum on Tuesday.

Top Bottom