Journal of my cycle to Gibraltar on crazyguyonabike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Thanks... :blush:

Good reading, excellent pics, I'm impressed with the ease at which you camped up every night, carefree stuff. How did you end up on the prohibited road, presumably it wasn't clear on the map you took?

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

Good reading, excellent pics, I'm impressed with the ease at which you camped up every night, carefree stuff. How did you end up on the prohibited road, presumably it wasn't clear on the map you took?

The prohibited road through the Pyrenees was not marked as such, it just appeared as a normal road on the map. So we thought it would be fine. It wasn't until about 20 miles down the road when the first no cycling sign appeared.

Lone Rider

Hi Anthony,

I enjoyed reading your account of the tour you did with your friends. Well done, you certainly seemed to have had a good time, and lived a few adventures. I hope that you include information about how much/little you spent on the trip.

Next time you should try spending more time relaxing, soaking up the atmosphere in some of the places you cycle through. Some of the best moments I have had on cycling holidays have been chatting to the locals, or even just watching them going about their daily chores.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

Lone Rider said:
Hi Anthony,

I enjoyed reading your account of the tour you did with your friends. Well done, you certainly seemed to have had a good time, and lived a few adventures. I hope that you include information about how much/little you spent on the trip.

Next time you should try spending more time relaxing, soaking up the atmosphere in some of the places you cycle through. Some of the best moments I have had on cycling holidays have been chatting to the locals, or even just watching them going about their daily chores.

I spent about 10 euros a day, nearly all of which was on food and drink.

I agree with your point point about taking the trip at a more relaxed pace. On my latest tour to Mont Ventoux we took things slower and I had a good time looking round the towns and talking to locals. But, for the Gibraltar trip, we wanted to challenge and push ourselves; to see how far our bodies would let us go. It is a more extreme way of touring, but while we are young it is a rewarding way of travelling.

GrahamG

Guru
Seriously impressive - especially the 10 euro a day spend!

Top Bottom