Joy with Arriva?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garrilla

Has anyone had any joy after complaining to Arriva Buses?

I just submitted a complaint (way too close takeover, and bad attitude from driver when approached) via their electronic 'contact us' form on the website. I'm wondering if this will illicit a response? Or perhaps I should put pen to paper?

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
garrilla said:

I just submitted a complaint (way too close takeover, and bad attitude from driver when approached) via their electronic 'contact us' form on the website. I'm wondering if this will illicit a response? Or perhaps I should put pen to paper?

Some companies will respond to emails, some will ignore them. My experiences with First on the 2 times I had call to complain (not bike related but customer) is that they wouldnt reply. I then went and filled in a crimestoppers form instead.

Check your local constabulary website and see if they allow you to log bad driving and attitude like the London Roadsafe team (iirc Suffolk and Sussex have recently added this facility?). Also add it to Stop-Smidsy so the CTC can build up a national and regional picture.

OP
OP
garrilla

garrilla

I just got a call from them, acknowledging the complaint and telling me what they will do: call in the driver, review the CCTV, respond to me.

Good idea about stop-smidsy, it didn't enter my pea-brain.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I got one to make when i get home. Bus driver just pulled out of a side road right into my path. Didn't even look!!

plank

I got a nice response from Metrobus after a bus overtook me with an inch to spare squeezing in between me and traffic island

classic33

Leg End Member
Got a quick response that was passed back down the line after I'd phoned the managing director at home and explained what had happenned. Deliberate sideways shove from one of their buses into a set of railings, whilst going to work. Driver didn't bother stopping.

Upto that point they were unable to locate either the service number or the actual vehicle. At the local level.

PK99

Legendary Member
garrilla said:

i had a very positive response from TFL when i made a complaint.

OP
OP
garrilla

garrilla

I got a response to from Arriva today.

Basically the driver says I swerved into him. Yes, that's right , I always do that to buses that are travelling at 20+mph! He couldn't swerve away because traffic on his right.

And a denial on the bad attitude bit, too.

So, an apology for any inconvenience (graciously accepted) and a an assurance that they they takes these matters seriously. What more can you do? (rhetorical question)

Most busses have exterior cameras now - they should show whether you really swerved at him (!). I think bus companies struggle to retain staff and don't want to lose the ones they have, so unless the driving is really bad, they won't discipline.

Top Bottom