June 2015 LEJOG Unsupported

GiaMondo

Hi guys, new to the forum and noticed this little LEJOG corner.

I am training to complete a LEJOG solo, unsupported and camping in June this year. I have all my equipment sorted and I am using a Giant Roam 1 2014 loaded with Altura Orkney panniers and bar bag aswell as a Altura Dryline top bag as my weapons of choice. The only thing i have not got yet is a tent, any recommendations would be fantastic, I don't want to spend too much on this and i would prefer a 2 man or a tent with a large-ish porch area so i can move the panniers into the tent at night

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome: I wouldn't scrimp too much on the tent but a light backpacking one should be under £100 and try to get one that goes up flysheet first.
I personally use the Topeak Bikamper but they are not everyones cup of tea. Good Luck.

HorTs

Über Member
Hi, I did a similar ride to yours and used a Vaude Power Lizard. Its marketed as a 1-2 person tent so has lots of internal room plus it has a large porch though it is very small and light.

Simple pitch - can be pitched as one or out first so perfect if it is raining.

They can be quite pricey but I picked up a 2nd hand one on eBay for £180.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I use a Coleman Cobra 2 for cycle camping. It's not very tall (I think 100cm maximum height), but is surprisingly spacious inside.

It's very simila to the Vango Banshee range.

gary7d

Hi, i too am looking for new lightweight tent, the north ridge col light from go outdoors
looks the part good spec. and light same design as a terra nova solar at a fraction of the
cost

bootsy

Regular
Hi, i too am looking for new lightweight tent, the north ridge col light from go outdoors
looks the part good spec. and light same design as a terra nova solar at a fraction of the
cost
Hi
I bought lightweight tent brand new and all the equipment two years ago for my le-jog and never used it still in the garage.
Hope you find what you are looking for,the le-jog is quite easy if you don't overdo the rides each day.
I was 71 when I did it about 65 mile a day but could have done more,it was my first ever tour not been on cycle for 45 years
until six months before ride good luck with your ride.John

Go for a two man tent, nothing worse than having to scramble around in a little one man tent trying to pack your kit up when it is peeing down with rain. I use a Vaude Hogan, not the lightest of two man tents, but is rock solid. Weight is not such a problem for a cyclist, compared to a backpacker.

mikey951r

Veteran
What date are you setting off. Im going the same solo, unsupported and camping starting friday 12 jun 15. I got 200 miles in last year and had an accident resulting in fractured elbow so am keen to complete this year. I use a vango banshee. Its just about light enough and i can fit my panniers next to me easily. I also like the leg room because im 6 foot 2 inches and hate having my toes touching the bottom of the tent. Had two nights in it cycle camping last weekend and thought it was great.

Top Bottom