Jurassic Beast Sportive - 2nd May 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Broadside

Guru
I've just registered for the 66 mile route on this Wiggle organised Sportive, the event is this Sun 2nd May 2010.

It is rated as difficulty of 4 out of 5, as it has the word 'Beast' in the name I am guessing it will be tough. My definition of tough is more than 1,500m climbing over a 100km route.

Is anyone else planning on doing it and do you know how much climbing is involved?

davidg

Hi dmoran,

I dont know specifically. All I can say is that I did their up and down one yesterday and was really impressed with everything. Really well organised, lots of freebies etc at feedstops and great signing.

There is a profile here http://www.cyclosport.org/eventdetails.aspx?eventid=2561 which say it is 1621m of climbing on about 65 miles...

the one I did at the weekend, they said would be around 1600 (cant remember exactly) but my computer had it at around 1450...definitely some cheeky ones in there!

also the factsheet is here http://www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk/JurassicBeastSportivePreEventInfomation.pdf which they will email you before the event...if you have gps you can download it and see what that says, but I think by your definition, it will be tough!!

edit: a lot of the climbing is early on which may help you! enjoy 19 and 50 km marks!

OP
OP
Broadside

Broadside

Guru
Thanks davidg, I didn't realise until now that the climbing figures were on the cyclosport website.

Mr mag00, I missed the Wiggle New Forest ride because it sold out a few days before the event, so I expect this one might too. I had planned on just turning up on the day for the Wiggle events but they are lookng fairly popular so I registered for the Wiggle Bournemouth Arrows rid on 16th May last night as well.

Might see you there?

mr Mag00

rising member
16th i am racing in wareham, i hope to pop along even if i dont ride, the 100 miler goes almost past my door! the arrows one does go past my house.

davidg

mr Mag00 said:
need to drum up the courage never done an organsied road ride.

I really recommend it. have a few chats along the way until people leave me behind on the hills, but generally a good atmosphere and there are times when you are on your own as well

OP
OP
Broadside

Broadside

Guru
I've signed up for the Wiggle Bournemouth Arrows sportive on 16th May. 75 miles this time but 'only' 1150m of climbing so relatively easy by many Sportive standards. Forecast looks good for Sun and they are selling the tickets at a discount if you buy two at a time so I think there is probably space left.

I'm staying with friends in Bransgore near Christchurch on Sat night and then riding out to Hurn for the start, I will be setting off on the route at 8:30am so I might see you there!

Top Bottom