Just a quick Yes/No for that bike form the experts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
I

intacot

seriously, no one will say a word?:biggrin:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Firstly, it will be too small

Secondly, whilst it's an ok bike, you'll soon be wanting something better.

And there are a few other odd things, such as why it has 28mm tyres, and the wierd gear levers.

For £200 you can get something really really so much better second hand...

OP
OP
I

intacot

oh well, the first bike is plain black and it doesnt really scream 'I'm gay'...so def no for me, but...with the too small thing...I dont like you said that...keep in mind I will be using it for short comuting, not for a race, so maybe it will me OK?

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Honestly mate, I'm a couple of inches shorter than you and use a 56cm. It depends on your leg length and allsorts, but at 6'1" I reckon you should be looking at very least at a 23" frame...

OP
OP
I

intacot

well I wear 34inches inside leg trousers, if that relates in any way....but I had a mountain bike with 21inches and it was perfectly fine..

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Mountain bike geometry is different to road. Get a second hand bike with that kind of money, you'll get a much better deal.

martint235

Dog on a bike
zimzum42 said:
Honestly mate, I'm a couple of inches shorter than you and use a 56cm. It depends on your leg length and allsorts, but at 6'1" I reckon you should be looking at very least at a 23" frame...

I agree. You definitely need a frame bigger than a 56cm.

zimzum42 said:
+1 I'm quite a bit shorter (5ft 9 1/4in) and a professional bike fit recommended 56cm for me as did an on line fit I ride 54cm and 55cm bikes which are a tad smaller but purely going by height you'd need a bigger frame.

Top Bottom