just an observation.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wisdom

Guru
I have noticed that since our council and the neighbouring one I commute daily through have gone into recycling bins . There is a lot more glass on the roads.My thoughts are that when it was mixed with" general waste"it wasnt in the concentration its in now.There seems to be a lot of fragments all over the roads obviously more so after recycling collections.
I'm not against recycling at all . Its just my observations.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not had an issue, but we have bottles and plastic in one, paper in another. General mixed recycling could cause bottles to fall out.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I think it is because in the past the glass bottle was in a bag in the rubbish bin, whereas now it is loose in a box and sorted on the kerbside. We've had them for years now, it isn't generally a problem, and you can report that they haven't cleared up after a spill. And if you see them clearing up then give them a thank you. There is one road round the back of IKEA on the way to the recycling centre that sparkles with the glass dust, but I don't go that way very often now.

I'd rather that the rubbish was sorted and recycled than it ended up dumped in landfill.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
I don't think the bin lorries are allowed to carry brooms, health and safety innit :wacko: Handling a broom without completing the required e-learning module could result in a nasty back injury :hyper:

Top Bottom