Just as well I didn't buy a bigger tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
not much clearance.JPG

Or pump it up any more

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thats a tractor tyre anyway. :becool:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
This is of interest to me as I am building up a new bike and having trouble fitting the front mech due to clearance issues. Not quite as tight as yours but my solution of fitting a slim braze on adaptor clamp and suitable new mech looks like the only possible answer.

My only concern is that the cable clamp will still interfere with the tyre. Do you find there is clearance for the front mech even when you have changed to the big chainring? If you could post a picture it would put me at ease before I start ordering parts :okay:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I like a bit of comfort
Out of interest, what size tyre have you put on there?

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Thats a tractor tyre anyway. :becool:

You really wouldn't like the 28mm Marathons that I've got on my Dawes Jaguar then! I actually wanted to fit 32's but the rear frame clearance was just too tight. Sturdy Schwalbes are much better at keeping their air in all the way round than flimsy roadie tyres, where all the air goes to the top.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You really wouldn't like the 28mm Marathons that I've got on my Dawes Jaguar then! I actually wanted to fit 32's but the rear frame clearance was just too tight. Sturdy Schwalbes are much better at keeping their air in all the way round than flimsy roadie tyres, where all the air goes to the top.

Im a fat tyre person now. Just bought some Maxxis Minions for my MTB. 2.3" knobbly goodness. Sticker on side says "3c maxx terra exo tr" so must be good :tongue:

OP
OP
further

further

Guru
Exactly this

Top Bottom