Just back from holiday and this has happened... Ideas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crandoggler

Bought a Chromebook last week and had to replace it due to a 'clicky' touchpad.

Replacement has been fine. However I only owned it for a day before going on holiday, where it has been left in my living room on its box.

Opened it up tonight to have a play, and I've been greeted with this: (see attached)

Any ideas what's happened? Can only imagine it's a manufacturing defect, but looks to anyone else like its a cracked/broken screen. I guess I'm going to have to try and convince the Argos team tomorrow and see what comes. Hope they replace it as I go away for 2 months on Monday... Kinda need it!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29.8 KB · Views: 112

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looks like a fault in the screen.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Argos are usually very good at returns/replacements. Just take it to the returns desk and say that it doesn't work, explaining briefly what the problem is. They tend not to quibble at all and give you a replacement right there and then, bless them. Needless to say, be friendly and calm and, most of all, polite to the person at the desk. They are human too.

Edit: I forgot....put it back in the original packaging as much as possible. They all seem to like that for some reason.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Yep, straight back to argos with it. As has been said, they're good with returns.
My granddaughters tablet was faulty and was replaced with no hassle even though we bought it in November for a Christmas present.

OP
OP
Crandoggler

Crandoggler

They were actually very good. Unlike the tosser in currys who said they didn't have any, then 1 miraculously appeared after I told him they have stock available for collection. Bellend.

Lullabelle

Banana
They were actually very good. Unlike the tosser in currys who said they didn't have any, then 1 miraculously appeared after I told him they have stock available for collection. Bellend.

We once had to return something to Currys and the member of staff we dealt with couldn't have been any more helpful.

Top Bottom