Just bought an old pashley picador

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We have the tandem version of your picador. It's wicked. And a bit rubbish.

Tharg2007 said:
Hilldodger, about these hubs, would it be easy enough to replace the wheel with an alloy one? would it fit on the axle? do you sell wheels?

If the hubs are ok - ie, no play on the axle - then just get the wheels rebuild with alloy rims on the hubs. You can go for a metric 406mm size wiich will be easier for finding tyres.

If the hubs have play in them they will gradually get worse until the bike is unrideable. The hub bushes will then need replacing and that's when the fun begins. We'd need to have the machine to do the work.

The problem with these old Pashley's are the rear hubs. They have a plastic bush inside them and once they're worn getting new ones to fit is an arse.

Don't ever ask Pashley for them because there's no guarentee they'll fit. We now make our own.

We do parts for them and refurbish a few every year but we've moved over to the much better Mission trikes.

www.cyclemagic.org.uk
Hello, I can't seem to get on to this site-www.cyclemagic.org.uk, really wanted to save it, as i have a pashley 20 trike, and its hard to find parts. thanks jeannie

Lelly

I have just bought one!!! Googled and this post came up and so have only just joined this site!!
I shall watch this thread with interest and see how your baby develops.
29432897_1986600048017526_3122937721950676872_n.jpg

Here is mine, which will be delivered on Thursday.

Embr377

We have just bought a very tired looking pashley picador my husband as some work to do.
Our question is should the back tyres be solid rubber? ]

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-27-23-29-10.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-27-23-29-10.png
    268.4 KB · Views: 67

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
That was my first thought too. Which would be odd, as the rear wheels on a trike are easy to change tyres / tubes on.

Tracy

I have one of these too. A red one I bought from our local hub. They stripped the electrics off it so it's just manual now. It's lovely for a slow leisurely tootle.
Cant wait for Halloween. I'm going to be billy the puppet from saw haha.

Top Bottom