Just bought an old pashley picador

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tharg2007

Veteran
it needs some work doing on it but no major faults, will be for mrs tharg so we can go on leisurely rides together with the mini thargs

here it is in its raw form, will post some updates as I clean it up.
2938927263_ab6bf718a0_b.jpg

2939781426_087aecdb4e_b.jpg

nice! we have one of those too. bit odd to ride at first but you get used to it. don't think of it as a bike and try to lean to steer but think of the bars more like a steering wheel. the camber of the road can throw the trike off a bit too, so yo have to concentrate a bit. we took ours on the supermarket carpark after closing and just bombed about 'til we felt we'd sussed it.
hope the mrs likes it, they're a great machine!
cheers, velocidad.

grhm

Veteran
Cool, should be fun once it been given a bit of a service.

We've got a similar Picador - except it has a 3-speed hub gear not a derailier (sp?) - see this thread for a pic (with white basket removed)

Mini-grhm loves riding it in his child seat - but will insist on poking the drivers back shouting "faster, faster, pedal, pedal" ;)

Both brake levers on the right? I assume the previous owner had a weak/problematic left hand?

grhm

Veteran
Tharg2007 said:
not sure, one lever is the hub brake the other is the caliper but with a locking clip on it kind of like a hand brake.

That's exactly what ours has - two brakes, hub and rim, operating on the front wheel - except it one lever per side.

Oh and the locking clip is broken so no handbrake ;) until I fit the new pair of parking brake levers I got in the post this week (thanks to Catrike UK).

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
looks like the wheels are steel, is it worth getting alloy ones? anyone got any good links for getting parts for these things?

Also the gears seem odd on this thing, the right grip twists but there are two cables coming from it, can I replace this with another gear changer as well as replace the dérailleur with something more modern, not too modern though is you know what i mean :biggrin:

The problem with these old Pashley's are the rear hubs. They have a plastic bush inside them and once they're worn getting new ones to fit is an arse.

Don't ever ask Pashley for them because there's no guarentee they'll fit. We now make our own.

We do parts for them and refurbish a few every year but we've moved over to the much better Mission trikes.

www.cyclemagic.org.uk

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
Hilldodger said:
The problem with these old Pashley's are the rear hubs. They have a plastic bush inside them and once they're worn getting new ones to fit is an arse.

Don't ever ask Pashley for them because there's no guarentee they'll fit. We now make our own.

We do parts for them and refurbish a few every year but we've moved over to the much better Mission trikes.

www.cyclemagic.org.uk

thanks for the info, do you also supply parts? just so I can add you to my little black book :welcome:

Jitendrakumar

Hi

I am jitendra from india and I am looking for gas powered bikes its must be welcome in this era. Because now we need change something likes this. I really love the elitism in an electric bike forum. With the help of this forum we can judge about a best one.

jitendra kumar

Capture One Auto Transport

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
Jitendrakumar said:
Hi

I am jitendra from india and I am looking for gas powered bikes its must be welcome in this era. Because now we need change something likes this. I really love the elitism in an electric bike forum. With the help of this forum we can judge about a best one.

jitendra kumar

Capture One Auto Transport

:?::?::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::eek::welcome: WTF??? GAS? Electric?

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
Hilldodger, about these hubs, would it be easy enough to replace the wheel with an alloy one? would it fit on the axle? do you sell wheels?

Top Bottom