...just call me Kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...it's a nightrider thing...oh well forget it...I just got in from a 25 miler ...nice and empty roads...nice and toasty in my winter gear...new balaclava and glove liners...cold out with some sleet

You are fast becoming a legend Bigfattallbloke. 25 miles?! On a bicycle?! Good lord etc.

Slim

Über Member
Fab Foodie said:
Late night rides are ACE aren't they? Like the world's your own.

Had a night ride for the first time last night (started work at 02:30 - still here!).

I think I had my first ever trip without having to unclip (only went through 1 red light which was at a junction with good viz (crossing the Croydon tramlines). It was good to see how stress free the journey was without the usual amount of cars. The few cars that were around were very noticeable due to the lower level of background noise.

All this and overtime too.;)

Night ride home from work this morning at 03:15 with the wind behind me - yeehah! Not too busy, the hardened clubbers were still boogying and the early to beds were long home. The Light & Motion Vega did the biz for route finding on the dark bits.

First run out with Marathon Pluses fitted, and despite loads of hedge trim debris on the roads I think it was p******e free......haven't ventured out to check yet!

barq

I love night riding off road, it makes you feel like you are going super fast along singletrack. Plus you get to see all sorts of wildlife - even the mushrooms seem to glow an eerie luminous white.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

feet didn't get cold? - nice warm thermal socks then btfb? care to recommend?

Nope...feet stayed warm and toastie...because I had x3 pairs of normal woollen socks on and some neoprene overshoes.

I didnt ride tonight because I had a band practice with my new band (first one in a long time)...anyway..pleased I didnt 'cos when I came out of the studio in W Garden city tonight there was an inch of snow on my car!!

..I will put matters right tomorrow though.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Night rides rock. I had a nightride but it really was fairly miserable tonight so it was only a short one. I can't really imagine wearing 3 pairs of socks, how do you fit them in your shoes?

Bigtallfatbloke said:
Nope...feet stayed warm and toastie...because I had x3 pairs of normal woollen socks on and some neoprene overshoes.

I didnt ride tonight because I had a band practice with my new band (first one in a long time)...anyway..pleased I didnt 'cos when I came out of the studio in W Garden city tonight there was an inch of snow on my car!!

..I will put matters right tomorrow though.

I live in WGC BTFB and was surprised by the snow. Where did you practice? Keep it quiet if you'd rather.

Top Bottom