Just come back from my first commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Uppy89

Finally pulled my finger out and travelled to work for the first time on my lovely shiney Boardman.
It was 10.5 miles each way mainly on cycle paths and both ways I did it in around 45 minutes.

Legs are a little sore right now if I am honest but what a great sense of achievement as well rather than just getting in and out of the car.

BrazingSaddles

Über Member
Well done! You have picked a great week to start as (I believe) the weather is to be pretty nice this week...hope I haven't jinxed it! Don't forget to have a rest day. Or two!

BrazingSaddles

Über Member
No longer Brizzle as now a country bumkin in deepest, darkest Somerset! Suppose I should change that... Also I am not a lad!!! I keep getting this on CC, maybe I should also change my user name to something more squishy and girlie - BrazingInSuspenders..., LadySaddles... !!!

BrazingSaddles

Über Member
No worries!! I hope you find some good road routes for your commute to avoid so much stop-start that can often happen on bike paths, and gain some speed :bicycle:

Pauluk

Well done Uppy89, keep it up. Its so much better than by car, especially when the weathers nice.

The weathers looking up so I'm thinking of removing my pannier rack and mud guards and riding her bare back for a few days :laugh:

Cracking mate, the more you do the more you'll enjoy.

Top Bottom