Just considering and asking for people's opinions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elysian_Roads

Always dangerous, I know. However...
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-520-mountain-bike-275-yellow-id_8360662.html

I don't do much MTB riding but I do quite fancy one. Thoughts?
Not an expert, but for what it is worth I was thinking about one when I wanted something to go alongside the roadbike. In the end, I got a Marin in a similar set up for about £40 more on sale from Rutland Cycles. Have a used Triban 500 roadbike and am happy with that so would buy a new bike from Decathlon. Happy hunting.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Why not buy a secondhand rigid MTB first and give it a try to see if you like it? You can always buy a brand new one later if you decide to keep it up. The Btwin looks very good value, but at that price level I doubt the suspension forks are very good quality, they add weight, and they are a maintenance liability you don't get on rigids.

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

World class procrastinator
where you living now ?
you can borrow a mtb if your local @Saluki
or we can have a mtb day if your free on a weekend, cambs
Hi
Horncastle, Lincs at the mo. MTB would be fun. I stay in Downham every couple of weekends so if you fancy a Saturday pootle, let me know :smile:
I should be moving to Downham in about 8 weeks, if my swap partner can motivate her backside to the post office to buy a stamp.

Top Bottom